Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Worship - Words used in A Course in Miracles

  A Course in Miracles views worship as something that the ego does with idols.
… the statement that he has the power to make God powerless and so to take it for himself, and leave himself without what God has willed for him. This is the mad idea you have enshrined upon your altars, and which you worship. And anything that threatens this seems to attack your faith, for here is it invested.   T-21.II.6:6-8
God is not at war with the god of sickness you made, but you are. He is the symbol of deciding against God, and you are afraid of him because he cannot be reconciled with God's Will. If you attack him, you will make him real to you. But if you refuse to worship him in whatever form he may appear to you, and wherever you think you see him, he will disappear into the nothingness out of which he was made.   T-10.IV.1:6-9.
As you can hear two voices, so you can see in two ways. One way shows you an image, or an idol that you may worship out of fear, but will never love. The other shows you only truth, which you will love because you will understand it.    T-7.V.9:1-3. 
 I will worship no idols, nor raise my own self-concept to replace my Self. I am in the likeness of my Creator. Love created me like itself. W.84.1:5-8 [Lesson: “Love created me like itself.”]

No comments:

Post a Comment